- n slender bristlelike appendage found on the bracts of grasses
- awn defends Coca-Cola's $25 million investment in Afghanistan, saying the objective was not just to make money, but also to help industrialize the country.
- Bring it awn! Dead or alive! Terra! Terra! Terra! Catapult the propaganda! (oops.
- At the off-Broadway Phoenix Theater last week, Irish Actress Siobhan (pronounced Shiv-awn) McKenna brought something a good deal more memorable to it.
News & Articles
- Pop or soda? Dialect maps show regional differences
REGIONAL DIALECTS: While pop vs. soda vs. Coke, and the use of y'all in the South, have been long-understood regionalisms, the maps also show some surprising differences. Central and south-central Iowa calls a crayon a cray-awn, while the rest of the state says cray-ahn.
June 6, 2013 - The Des Moines Register