awkwardness : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n unskillfulness resulting from a lack of training
- n the quality of an embarrassing situation
he sensed the awkwardness of his proposal
- n the carriage of someone whose movements and posture are ungainly or inelegant
- n the inelegance of someone stiff and unrelaxed (as by embarrassment)
- n trouble in carrying or managing caused by bulk or shape
- There's unlikely to be much awkwardness, however, when Obama encounters ordinary Czechs, among whom there is tremendous excitement over his visit.
- All have expressed mixed feelings, describing painor, at the very least, awkwardnessas well as joy, when thinking about home.
- These are great comix, because, told with few words, Drechsler reveals the character's confusion and awkwardness through the details of her drawing.
News & Articles
- Billy Joel Ends Feud With Elton John At Songwriters Hall Of Fame Ceremony
Billy Joel and Elton John have finally made up, or at least killed the awkwardness behind their feud. On Thursday night, the two pianist had a reconciliation of sorts after John publicly bashed Joel in 2011 by saying he wasn’t taking his battle with alcoholism seriously and that he was also lazy. “He’s going to... Read more » Billy Joel Ends Feud With Elton John At Songwriters Hall Of Fame ...
June 15, 2013 - The Inquisitr
- Korean player finds black pitcher to be a bit too black
Saw this via Baseball Think Factory. On the one hand, oh my stars and garters that anyone would say something like this. But really, this makes me laugh out loud more than anything because it’s so damn matter-of-fact that finding actual racism in it as opposed to just cringingly-bad social awkwardness is a real stretch.…
June 14, 2013 - NBC Sports: HardballTalk
- John Boehner Embarrassed Himself in Front of Kate Upton
Two things you may not know about Sports Illustrated swimsuit model Kate Upton: (1) She just turned 21 years old. (2) Her uncle is Michigan congressman Fred Upton. Put those together and you get a recipe for some serendipitous awkwardness.
June 13, 2013 - New York Magazine
- Shavlik Randolph in ESPN
As long as you don't bring your gayness on me I'm fine,Randolph said. "As far as business-wise, I'm sure I could play with him. But I think it would create a little awkwardness in the locker room."
- John Smoltz in ESPN
I can't explain the awkwardness. I didn't think it would be that awkward,Smoltz told the Boston Globe. "I've been doing this for a long time, but it was awkward. But, I've not gone that long without being on the mound."
- Trent Green in USA Today
I didn't think it was strange,Green said. "He was out there going through some reps and individual drills, but there was no awkwardness on my part."