awed : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v inspire awe in
The famous professor awed the undergraduates
- s inspired by a feeling of fearful wonderment or reverence
awed by the silence
- a having or showing a feeling of mixed reverence and respect and wonder and dread
stood in awed silence before the shrine
- The house, more than one awed witness noted, was immaculate, tidier even than before the victims had moved in.
- Maddy was awed by how Angelina used her celebrity to lift all of us beyond the glamour of a Manhattan ballroom and make us confront the grim realities of poverty in the farthest .
- In the Olympic Village, awed rivals crowded to feel the Owens muscles, get the Owens autograph .
News & Articles
- Andres Iniesta awed by chance to play in Brazil
BARCELONA, Spain (AP) -- Even with World Cup and European Championship titles behind him, Spain's midfielder Andres Iniesta is still over-awed by the chance to play in Brazil.
June 10, 2013 - The Daily Jeffersonian
- LATEST NEWS
BARCELONA, Spain (AP) — Even with World Cup and European Championship titles behind him, Spain's midfielder Andres Iniesta is still over-awed by the chance to play in Brazil.
June 10, 2013 - Connecticut Post
- Billups wins Teammate of the Year Award; Battier second
Heat's Battier receives most first-place votes, finishes second Chauncey Billups considers himself an NBA historian, but the veteran Los Angeles Clippers guard admitted while receiving the league's inaugural Jack Twyman-Maurice Stokes Teammate of the Year Award on Sunday he was awed recently learning the details of the story that inspired the introduction of the trophy.
June 10, 2013 - Sun-Sentinel
- Mitch Daniels in International Herald Tribune
No matter how many times I see it, I'm constantly amazed and awed by the human sprit and the spirit of compassion that characterizes our state,Daniels said.
- Barack Obama in Associated Baptist Press
We are awed by the grace he showed even to those who would have killed him. We are thankful for the sacrifice he gave for the sins of humanity. And we glory in the promise of redemption in the resurrection,Obama said in remarks before the...
- Jeanne Shaheen in Rocky Mountain News
All of us have been inspired by Senator Obama's candidacy,Shaheen said in prepared remarks. "I stand here so proud of our party, so proud of our country, so awed by the journey our nation has taken to arrive at this moment. But our...