- n an abrupt change in the course of a stream that forms the boundary between two parcels of land resulting in the loss of part of the land of one landowner and a consequent increase in the land of another
- n a forcible tearing or surgical separation of one body part from another
- That inflammation may well result from the partial avulsion, or tearing away, of the ligaments and tendons from their bony moorings.
News & Articles
- Miami Marlins’ Marcell Ozuna is likely out for the season
Outfielder Marcell Ozuna is scheduled to undergo surgery Friday to repair a ligament tear and avulsion fracture in his left thumb. He is likely done for the season.
July 26, 2013 - Miami Herald
- Ozuna likely out for year with thumb tear, fracture
The Marlins placed outfielder Marcell Ozuna on the 15-day disabled list Thursday with a ligament tear and avulsion fracture in his left thumb, which will require surgery.
July 25, 2013 - Major League Baseball
- Torn thumb ligament shelves Ozuna for season
Rather than heading to Double-A, Marcell Ozuna is going on the Marlins' disabled list with a left thumb injury he sustained making a diving catch Monday at Coors Field. Marlins outfielder Marcell Ozuna is scheduled for surgery Friday to repair a torn left thumb ligament and an avulsion fracture, which is when connective tissue tears off a piece of bone.
July 25, 2013 - Sun-Sentinel
- Terry Francona in International Herald Tribune
Last year, when he had that avulsion, we didn't run him out there when we probably could have, because we didn't think it made sense,Francona said before Tuesday's 4-3 win over the New York Mets. "So, with something like this, we'll do the...
- Nomar Garciaparra in KTVU.com
It can't be any more painful than it was yesterday,said Garciaparra. "I have an avulsion of the tendon. Basically, I ruptured the tendon off the bone. There's a few tendons that go along your groin area. There's three major muscles and one...
- Antonin Scalia in CNN International
Prior Florida cases suggest the state has the right to fill in submerged land, and that an avulsion created by the state is no different from any other avulsion,Scalia said in delivering the majority opinion.