- n science and technology of electronic systems and devices for aeronautics and astronautics
avionics has become even more important with the development of the space program
- The French are extremely innovative where electronics and avionics are concerned, and over the 30-odd years the Concorde has been in operation, a number of digital-type avionics .
- Onboard are the most advanced avionics, propulsion and malfunction-monitoring systems available.
- Advanced avionics systems give the F-15E the capability to fight at low altitude, day or night, and in bad weather.
News & Articles
- Avionics International 2014 To Run In Parallel With Abu Dhabi Air Expo Show
Moves Trade Show From Europe To The Middle East The 2014 Avionics International trade show, formerly known as Avionics Europe, will coincide with the Abu Dhabi Air Expo for the first time, according to the events' organizers. The move from Europe is intended to reflect the increasingly global nature of the event, and its growing contribution to the worldwide avionics sector.
June 10, 2013 - The Aero-News Network
- WSI Industries Announces Earnings Release Date
MINNEAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--WSI Industries, Inc. (Nasdaq: WSCI) today announced that it expects to release its fiscal 2013 third quarter financial results on June 18, 2013 after market close. WSI Industries, Inc. is a leading contract manufacturer that specializes in the machining of complex, high-precision parts for a wide range of industries, including avionics, aerospace and defense, energy ...
June 10, 2013 - Business Wire
- Becker Avionics Airborne Digital Intercommunication System (ICS) Selected for C-130 Hercules Avionics Modernization ...
Becker Avionics' DVCS6100 Digital Audio System was recently selected as part of a larger C-130 Hercules Avionics Modernization Program (AMP). The Intercom System (ICS) modernization and avionics upgrade was selected by an undisclosed military customer, which will be managed in conjunction with a prime aircraft integration company.
June 6, 2013 - Aircraft Maintenance Technology
- Richard Holbrooke in San Francisco Chronicle
Holbrooke said, "I am told by F-16 pilots that F-16s with modern avionics can be used as a counter-insurgency tool, but quite honestly, it requires very sophisticated training. They did use aging F-16s in the battles in Swat."
- Chew Choon Seng in Raw Story
With its use of new generation avionics and materials, high fuel efficiency, and commonality with out existing fleet, the B777-300ER will deliver improved operating performance,SIA chief executive officer Chew Choon Seng said in a statement.
- Steve Goldsmith in PR Newswire (press release)
Recent years have provided for extraordinary innovation in avionics and civil aviation,said Professor Stephen Goldsmith, co-author of the report and the director of the Center's Innovations in Government Program. "As we move to NextGen,...