- s relating to or controlled by the autonomic nervous system
- Now, though, experimental psychologists have proved that the body's autonomic system can, in fact, be taughtalthough as yet they are not sure how or why.
- The unconscious nature of the autonomic system is such, says Lang, that subjects might do better if they were unaware of what exactly is happening to them or what is being .
- First, it kicks the body's autonomic nervous system into overdrive: the heart beats faster, respiration quickens, and the muscles tense in anticipation of a burst of physical .
News & Articles
- Immune function restored in spinal injured mice
Scientists have shown that is possible to restore immune function in spinal injured mice. People with spinal cord injury often are immune compromised, which makes them more susceptible to infections. Why these people become immune-suppressed is not known, but the study found that a disorder called autonomic dysreflexia can cause immune suppression.
Aug. 7, 2013 - Science Daily
- John Radcliffe in TheMedGuru
Dr Mahmood Bhutta, an ENT specialist at John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, said: "It certainly seems odd, but I think this reflex demonstrates evolutionary relics in the wiring of a part of the nervous system called the autonomic nervous system."