- n a device for heating substances above their boiling point; used to manufacture chemicals or to sterilize surgical instruments
- v subject to the action of an autoclave
- Half of the 24,500 members of the American College of Surgeons left their scalpels in the autoclave last week and met in Chicago for the college's annual congress.
- The Chemico method, using ammonia or acid, dissolves this concentrate in an "autoclave," similar to a huge pressure cooker.
- The stack of prefabricated sheets called a "layup" is then cured in an autoclave (essentially, a pressure cooker) under controlled temperature and pressure.
News & Articles
- How to Autoclave: Why the User Friendliness of the Saniclave 200 is So Important Today
Properly using an FDA approved autoclave, like the Saniclave 200 is critical when preventing the spread of diseases like HIV/AIDS or MRSA (the flesh eating disease). (PRWeb June 18, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10842940.htm
June 18, 2013 - PRWeb
- High Temp Pressure Data Logger features built in NPT port.
With addition of 1/8 in. NPT pressure port, Model PR140 is compatible with variety of standard fittings and adapters. NPT port design features wrench flats to assist in securing device firmly. Designed for use in autoclave validation and mapping, logger withstands temperatures up to 140°C and is completely submersible. Unit is built with stainless steel pressure gauge and has accuracy of ±0.435 ...
June 18, 2013 - ThomasNet
- John Howett in Motorsport.com
It looks a bit like a bank vault but it is actually an autoclave,John says. "After the parts are completed in the lay-out room they are placed in a bag, the bag is placed under vacuum and they are then baked under high pressure and...