- a auguring favorable circumstances and good luck
an auspicious beginning for the campaign
- Importantly, for the past week, the signs from the heavens have been auspicious to buy that property.
- What would be an auspicious time for man to step on the moon?
- At an auspicious time the Stock Exchange bell was rung by the dignitary.
- Tom Brokaw in guardian.co.uk
A very auspicious debut,said NBC's Tom Brokaw.
- Wen Jiabao in Reuters
Urgently mobilise and work as one to wage this tough battle against disaster,Wen told officials, according to a transcript on the government Web site (www.gov.cn). "Ensure that the people enjoy a joyful and auspicious Spring Festival."
- Mwai Kibaki in Xinhua
On behalf of the government, the people of Kenya and on my own behalf, I extend our message of best wishes to you on the auspicious occasion of your inauguration as the 44th president of the United States of America,Kibaki said in a statement.