- n a poisonous crystalline alkaloid extracted from the nightshade family; used as an antispasmodic and to dilate the eye pupil; also administered in large amounts as an antidote for organophosphate nerve agents or organophosphate insecticides
- Atropine blocks the overstimulating effects of nerve gases.
- Atropine effects of nerve gases.
- In the morning, he first gets meperidine and atropine.
News & Articles
- Echoes & shadows: PTSD haunts some veterans many years after return
It was 3 a.m. in a stark desert and Operation Desert Storm was officially under way.When the order came to march, Lora Barker-Bowers was inside her tent. She took her magazine clips and emptied out all of the ammunition. She took her gas mask and three atropine injectors, which are used in case of a chemical attack, and hid them in a duffel bag with her ammunition. She then marched into Iraq ...
Nov. 11, 2013 - Kingsport Times-News