- n any chamber that is connected to other chambers or passageways (especially one of the two upper chambers of the heart)
- n the central area in a building; open to the sky
- The tall atrium that greets visitors on the second floor gives the interior an early dose of literally high drama, but what work of art can compete with its altitudes?.
- The Hyatt's dramatic five-story atrium lobby was transected by three walkways.
- Some would also flow into the donor heart's left atrium and its left ventricle, where the child's young, muscular pumping chamber would give the patient's heart a boost.
- Troy Smith in ABC News
For so many years I've walked through the atrium and I've just looked at Heisman Trophies and took it for granted, not really thinking about the work that those guys had to do to really get there,Smith said earlier this week. "Now I...
- Tom Bates in Berkeleyside (blog)
RT @anthony_shaw "The doctor removed my left ventricle and atrium," Tom said half-heartedly.
- Nick Barnett in Packer Report
Right when I signed the deal today, I looked out the window into the Atrium, and I saw those Ray Nitschke (banners in the rafters),Barnett said. "I have an opportunity to be on one of those when I retire. He made his career here, and it...