- n state capital and largest city of Georgia; chief commercial center of the southeastern United States; was plundered and burned by Sherman's army during the American Civil War
- n a siege in which Federal troops under Sherman cut off the railroads supplying the city and then burned it; 1864
- Bobby Petrino in 940 News
Today was a day of decision,Petrino said. "It was difficult on one side, very easy on the other. It was difficult to leave Atlanta, the staff, players, fans. The timing of it was probably the thing that made it most difficult. Coming to...
- Mark Teixeira in Sports Network
It's a little bittersweet,Teixeira said of the trade. "I really enjoyed my time [in Atlanta]. I had a great year. I love this team. I love this organization, this city. It's tough to leave, but at the same time I have a great opportunity...
- Arthur Blank in Bloomberg
Also, this situation affects everyone -- our club, our players and associates, our sponsors, our fans and the Atlanta community among them -- so we must consider all our customers in making any decisions,Blank said in a statement.