asymptote : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a straight line that is the limiting value of a curve; can be considered as tangent at infinity
the asymptote of the curve
- He can accept the notion of divinity so long as it is couched abstractly--as the "asymptote" of goodness that we strive toward--and doesn't involve "characters with beards.
- Says he, in the prologue to Three Exemplary Novels: "I believe the curve of the hyperbole strives just so! to join with its asymptote, and strives in vain; and I believe that .
- General Hugh Samuel Johnson, himself no tyro at invective and abuse, suggested a few more: '"asymptote" ("a daisy of a word"), "parasang," "Cush-ping Dishpit.
News & Articles
- The Most Important Apps That Shaped Mobile In 2013
ReadWriteReflect offers a look back at major technology trends, products and companies of the past year. As the explosive trajectory of smartphones adoption approaches an asymptote , mobile apps are riding high. Once an unassuming term for a curious, smallish sort of phone program, the app is now king. It’s almost impossible to now imagine otherwise. In this mobile-first era, apps make headlines ...
Dec. 30, 2013 - ReadWriteWeb