- n the act of distributing something to designated places or persons
- v give an assignment to (a person) to a post, or assign a task to (a person)
- v give out
- v attribute or credit to
- v select something or someone for a specific purpose
- v attribute or give
- v make undue claims to having
- v transfer one's right to
- v decide as to where something belongs in a scheme
- Among the least common tactics, one--assigning a diversity point person or task force--has the best record of success.
- Writers upload stories directly to the site, assigning a category and rating from G to NC-17.
- She advocated counting homework as a significant part of grades, failing students when they deserve it, and assigning students to lead class discussions.
News & Articles
- EU Battles Over Rules on Investor Losses When Banks Fail
European Union finance ministers geared for battle in Luxembourg today over how they’ll set rules for assigning losses when banks fail.
June 21, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Government Watch
• Speaker John A. Perez announced the appointment of Assemblyman Rich Gordon, D-Menlo Park, as chair the Assembly Rules Committee, effective July 3. The Assembly Rules Committee is responsible for setting the rules of the house, assigning bills to committees and overseeing Assembly personnel, budgets and other administrative functions.
June 21, 2013 - San Mateo Daily Journal
- Rosenberg adds newly annexed areas to council districts
Rosenberg City Council Tuesday night approved the assigning of recently annexed parcels of land to their corresponding election districts.
June 20, 2013 - Fort Bend Herald
- Margaret Ritchie in International Herald Tribune
I am not going to get involved in assigning blame for the executive deadlock. It simply needs to meet,Ritchie said with exasperation.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger in KCBS
The violence in Oakland is absolutely unacceptable and represents a serious threat to innocent people,Schwarzenegger said. "The California Highway Patrol is assigning additional officers to work with local law enforcement officials to...
- Dino Rossi in Seattle Post Intelligencer
The incumbent has spent most of her time taking credit or assigning blame, but has not taken responsibility for the problems in our state,Rossi said during the debate taped at Spokane public television station KSPS for broadcast around the...