- n a group of machine parts that fit together to form a self-contained unit
- n the act of constructing something (as a piece of machinery)
- n a public facility to meet for open discussion
- n a group of persons who are gathered together for a common purpose
- n a unit consisting of components that have been fitted together
- n the social act of assembling
they demanded the right of assembly
- Even if the constitutional assembly did reconstitute itself, it should serve only a very limited session, and then the legislative assembly should be popularly elected.
- Koji Yamamura is a lone wolf in the world of assembly-line animation.
- The New York assembly initiated a round of uplifting sessions of lectures and Bible dramas that the Witnesses will hold in 25 cities around the world, from Pomona to Paris to .
- President Bush in New York Times
Basic freedoms of speech, assembly and worship are severely restricted,Mr. Bush said. "Ethnic minorities are persecuted. Forced child labor, human trafficking and rape are common."
- Condoleezza Rice in Sydney Morning Herald
However, that system must be "respectful of what we all know to be universal values: the rights of individuals to liberty and freedom, the right to worship as you please, and the right to assembly," Rice said.