- a pertaining to or characteristic of an ascetic or the practice of rigorous self-discipline
- s practicing great self-denial
- The dangers of intellectual pride are many and grave, and we do well to discipline ourselves and our students in the moral and ascetical controls of this as of all other vices.
- They have studied these matters intensely, whereas far too much of our ascetical literature echoes the monastic viewpoint of life in the religious community.
News & Articles
- Practical guideposts for embracing the cross daily
San Diego Reader : What is your favorite subject on which to preach? Father Robert Pipta : I enjoy preaching the most on growth in the ascetical life for Christians in light of the reality of the resurrection.
Jan. 8, 2014 - San Diego Reader