- n a fibrous amphibole; used for making fireproof articles; inhaling fibers can cause asbestosis or lung cancer
- South Africans dying from asbestos-related diseases prepare to take a British mining company to court.
- The frantic campaign to remove asbestos could cost $100 billion.
- The insurance industry will find no insulation from liability in the 86,000 pending asbestos cases, if a major decision in Baltimore, Maryland, is a guide.
News & Articles
- Asbestos victims will get to speak
Merced County high school students who were exposed to cancer-causing asbestos soon will have an opportunity to confront in court the three men responsible for risking their health.
June 12, 2013 - Merced Sun-Star
- Lung Cancer Asbestos Victims Center Now Urges Victims Of Mesothelioma Or Lung Cancer Asbestos Exposure To Call Them ...
The Lung Cancer Asbestos Victims Center is now urging diagnosed victims of mesothelioma, or lung cancer victims who had significant exposure to asbestos at work to call them, because these types of cases can be worth six figures in victims compensation, or more, and the group will provide instant access to the nation's leading mesothelioma, or asbestos exposure law firms to help these victims to ...
June 12, 2013 - PRWeb
- Lung Cancer Asbestos Victims Center Now Urges US Navy Veterans With Mesothelioma Or Lung Cancer To Call Them If They ...
The Lung Cancer Asbestos Victims Center is urging US Navy Veterans who have been diagnosed with mesothelioma, or any kind of lung cancer to contact them immediately, if they had significant exposure to asbestos on a US Navy ship, because the financial compensation for mesothelioma, or asbestos related lung cancers can be very substantial. For more information victims of mesothelioma, lung cancer ...
June 11, 2013 - PRWeb
- Michael Bloomberg in Reuters
The big fear that we have is there may or may not have been asbestos released,Bloomberg said.
- Kevin Rudd in Sydney Morning Herald
The Centre of Research Excellence will be able to spearhead important research in this area and will contribute to the development of treatment options for asbestos-related diseases,Mr Rudd said.
- Jon Tester in Billings Gazette
You can't put a price on human lives, and far too many folks were lost in Libby because of asbestos,Sen. Jon Tester, D-Mont., said in a prepared statement Tuesday. "Cleaning up the mess and taking care of the Montanans poisoned by WR Grace...