- n a blood vessel that carries blood from the heart to the body
- n a major thoroughfare that bears important traffic
- When a big artery is severed, the parallel, subsidiary blood pipelines only rarely function well enough to prevent gangrene; in the war in Tunisia, gangrene developed in 70% of .
- A torn artery and a pulsating fountain of blood usually meant one thing to Army surgeons in World War Iamputation.
- Its contents spilled into the blood flowing through the artery, and some blood flowed back into the abscess cavity.
News & Articles
- Alameda County Fair: "Heart attack specials," other wild dishes raise eyebrows, cholesterol
PLEASANTON -- It was the perfect day for fun at a county fair, but the worst time to start a diet. That was my deep-fried, artery-hardening plight Friday, when I tackled the Alameda County Fair's most bizarre menu choices and lived -- for now -- to talk about it.
June 24, 2013 - Lamorinda Sun
- Texas teens visit area for mission work
— PORTER — Retired minister/deputy sheriff Jack Knight converted the old Peach Capital Café into a residence in 2003 and has lived there since. His life has changed a lot since he moved in. He’s overcome cancer but now has coronary artery disease and peripheral artery disease.
June 24, 2013 - Muskogee Phoenix
- Artery Lounge's liquor license suspended for 60 days after stabbing
Wednesday June 19, 2013 NORTH ADAMS -- The city's Licensing Commission came forward with stiff penalties against the Artery Lounge on Tuesday after a stabbing Saturday morning outside the establishment left one victim with eight knife wounds and two others with lacerations. The board ordered the bar's liquor license be suspended for 60 days and that afterward, its hours be
June 19, 2013 - North Adams Transcript
- President Bush in Guardian Unlimited
Our message to the Twin Cities is we want to get this bridge rebuilt as quick as possible,Bush said after visiting with rescue workers and people who watched the bridge crumble. "We understand that this is a main artery of life here."
- Vice President Dick Cheney in FOXNews
Cheney, who has suffered from heart ailments in recent years, said, "I remember many occasions when we did the show when he would ask me about my health. But he never commented on his own; I was unaware that he had coronary artery disease. We could...
- Richard Zednik in Detroit Free Press
I felt like somebody stabbed me,Zednik said. "I knew exactly what happened, and I knew exactly what I had to do. ...... When I got to the bench, I knew it was an artery, the way the blood was going. I was in pretty bad shape."