armenia : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a landlocked republic in southwestern Asia; formerly an Asian soviet; modern Armenia is but a fragment of ancient Armenia which was one of the world's oldest civilizations; throughout 2500 years the Armenian people have been invaded and oppressed by their neighbors
News & Articles
- Azerbaijan Turns from International Borrower to Lender
Energy-rich Baku could end up lending a helping hand to next-door enemy, Armenia, via a World Bank program which gives loans to the world’s neediest nations, including Armenia. Last week, Azerbaijan's Central Bank Governor Elman Rustamov told World Bank Vice President Joachim von Amsberg that the South Caucasus state is interested in contributing as a donor, Azerbaijani news outlets reported ...
June 19, 2013 - EurasiaNet
- Gazprom wants control of Armenian markets
MOSCOW, June 18 (UPI) -- Russian energy company Gazprom said it was reviewing the prospects of taking over an energy company in Armenia.
June 18, 2013 - UPI
- Iran barters over 1.5 bcm of gas with Armenia electricity in 6 years
On June 12, the UK-based energy giant, BP, classed Iran as the world's top gas reserves holder with 33.6 trillion cubic meters." Iran has bartered more than 1.5 billion cubic meters of gas with Armenia's electricity over the past six years.
June 17, 2013 - Payvand Iran News
- Barack Obama in Los Angeles Times
My views are on the record and I have not changed views,Obama said. "What I have been very encouraged by is news that under President Gul's leadership, you are seeing a series of negotiations, a process, in place between Armenia and Turkey...
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in AFP
I want to reiterate our very strong support for the normalization process that is going on between Armenia and Turkey,Clinton told reporters as she sat down for talks with Nalbandian in the Waldorf Astoria hotel in New York.
- Robert Kocharian in International Herald Tribune
What's going on now is not a political process. It has gone over the edge,Kocharian said in a late-night news conference. "I appeal to the people of Armenia to show restraint and understanding."