armband : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n worn around arm as identification or to indicate mourning
- n a band worn around the upper arm
- One day in 1948, a well-dressed, middle-aged man walked into a branch of Tokyo's Teikoku Bank wearing the armband of a municipal official.
- Their first big victory came in 1969 with the black-armband case, called Tinker v.
- A burly woman with a bright orange "police" armband then began barking "You can't stay here!" at the gawkers, while impressive-looking male colleagues formed a human cordon to make .
News & Articles
- Canadian Exports: Will ex-Houston Dynamo defender Andre Hainault extend his stay in Scotland?
With most of Europe’s leagues now in their offseason, most of the action involving Canadian players is taking place off the field.With a number of established Canadians looking for new clubs, midfielder Pedro Pacheco is the first lockdown his club for next season — signing a one-year contract extension with Santa Clara in the Portuguese second division.Pacheco wore the captain’s armband this ...
June 11, 2013 - MLS via Yahoo! Sports
- Liverpool Prospect Conor Coady to Captain England at U-20 World Cup
Liverpool midfielder Conor Coady will captain England’s charges as they attempt to win the U-20 World Cup in Turkey this summer. The 20-year-old wears the armband for the Reds’ U-21s team and will transfer his leadership qualities to Peter Taylor‘s aspiring outfit. Jon Flanagan has also been selected for the tournament. England begins its assault […]
June 11, 2013 - New England Sports Network
- Mike Magee ignites Chicago Fire vs. Portland: "Something like this can turn your season around"
BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. – In just his second league game with the Chicago Fire, Mike Magee pulled on the captain's armband when Jeff Larentowicz left in the 70th minute of Saturday's 2-2, come-from-behind tie with Portland. But that was symbolic, because by that point, Magee had already taken an emotional lead.
June 10, 2013 - MLS via Yahoo! Sports
- Philipp Lahm in Peace FM Online
Lahm had said: "It's obvious that I'd like to keep the captain's armband. The job gives me a great deal of enjoyment. Why should I then give it up by choice? If you do the job out there on the pitch and you have it under control, as in my case, you...
- John Terry in Daily Mail
If he is going to start or come on, he fully deserves to wear that England armband,Terry told the BBC's Sportsweek radio show. "I am very nervous about joining up with the squad and certainly don't expect to be captain. I wish to continue...
- William Gallas in The Guardian
The hardest part of it is the manner in which it happened,he explained. "I realised when I entered the changing room prior to the friendly with Costa Rica that the captain's armband was placed beside Evra's shirt. Domenech told me: 'In any...