- n persuasion by the use of direct personal pressure
some gentle arm-twisting produced the desired result
no amount of arm-twisting will get me to agree
- Continue to amass superdelegates (through friendships, chits, promises and arm-twisting).
- Such words babble up in all corners of society, wherever anybody is ax-grinding, arm-twisting, backscratching, sweet-talking.
- Not much arm-twisting was involved.
News & Articles
- G8 will produce lots of chatter, but not much else
Any time eight of the world's most powerful heads of state gather in one room, there will be plenty to talk about. But much of the most important jawboning and arm-twisting happens behind the scenes.
June 14, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- Mitch McConnell in New York Times
The reason all of this arm-twisting and deal-making and parliamentary maneuvering is going on is that people hate this bill,Mr. McConnell said. "They are trying to convince their members, within eight months of an election, to ignore their...
- Robert Mugabe in Washington Post
I wish to call upon people of Zimbabwe to unite against the shameless British arm-twisting tactics being orchestrated through the MDC and the so-called civil groups,Mugabe said.
- Yulia Tymoshenko in Kyiv Post
We accept all the conditions, ultimatums, demands and arm-twisting from Our Ukraine......in order to avoid providing any grounds to wreck the coalition and hold an early election,Tymoshenko told a news conference. "We do not agree with...