- n (Judaism) sacred chest where the ancient Hebrews kept the two tablets containing the Ten Commandments
- n a boat built by Noah to save his family and animals from the flood
- The Ark spotlights these endangered products, not so people will avoid them but rather so more will consume them.
- Condemnation of Zoe's Ark for trying to sneak the children out of Africa and into the care of French families has been almost universal including by Sarkozy.
- As the ark began to float, it would right itself; as a result, the door would tilt and become a skylight in the roof, and water could not enter the craft from its sides.
- Jens Stoltenberg in ABC News
The Svalbard Global Seed Vault is our insurance policy,Norway's Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg told delegates at the opening ceremony. "It is the Noah's Ark for securing biological diversity for future generations."
- Doyle Brunson in Prince George Citizen
We went to look for the Titanic. We went to look for Noah's Ark. We were two of the biggest suckers whenever it came to business, but we both had poker to fall back on,Brunson said. "Thank God we could play, so we always survived."
- George Lucas in International Herald Tribune
It's just like 'Raiders of the Lost Ark,'Lucas said. "It's like you just said, 'We'll wait 20 years, and we'll do the reunion movie.'"