- n a contentious speech act; a dispute where there is strong disagreement
- v present reasons and arguments
- v have an argument about something
- v give evidence of
- Nobody is arguing about that anymore.
- The Case for Marriage by Linda Waite and Maggie Gallagher (Doubleday) emphasizes the positive, arguing that even rocky marriages nourish children emotionally and practically.
- We're still arguing, it's true, but we're not arguing about the same things.
News & Articles
- Woman faces charges for worthless checks
The couple’s arguing could be heard by the Cadott Police officer outside the apartment. The officer knocked on the door and identified himself.
June 23, 2013 - The Chippewa Herald
- Arguing couple decide to split for the night
Whether they were married was unclear, but the mother and father of the children in the house had been arguing most of the day “about stresses of life and the male entering the female’s room without her permission.
June 19, 2013 - Dayton Daily News
- Time to Stop Arguing About Climate Change, World Bank Says
By Nina Chestney LONDON (Reuters) - The world should stop arguing about whether humans are causing climate change and start taking action to stop dangerous temperature rises, the president of the World Bank said on Wednesday. Jim Yong Kim said there was 97 to 98 percent agreement among scientists that global warming was real and caused by human activity. "If you disagree with the science of ...
June 19, 2013 - Scientific American
- Jeff Sessions in Environment News Service
Kagan's lack of judicial experience and short time as Solicitor General, arguing just six cases before the Court, is troubling,he said.
- Barack Obama in Dallas Morning News
If we agree on 90 percent of this stuff, and we're spending all our time on television arguing about 1, 2, 3 percent of the spending in this thing ...... that starts sounding more like politics,Obama said.
- Carl Edwards in International Herald Tribune
I was really nervous that we made the wrong call there,Edwards said after doing his traditional victory backflip off his car. "Bob's the smartest guy in the world. We were really arguing. We made light of it, but we thought we made the...