- n someone who engages in debate
- The cafe arguer may damn Stalin to his heart's content, but he makes a joke instead.
- He could apply this furious condescension to petty bureaucrats, a cheese or parrot shop customer, a professional arguer almost anybody.
- He was the greatest arguer there has ever been .
News & Articles
- Letter to the editor in response to abortion letter
“Begging the question” is an informal fallacy in which the arguer assumes all or a part of his or her conclusion as all or part of his or her argument. In Meredith Hunt’s letter in Friday’s Technician, he seeks to persuade the trivial fraction of the population that has never heard abortion described as genocide that it is so. He presents a well-researched set of facts about genocide and ...
March 26, 2014 - Technician
- Vinny Del Negro in Chicago Tribune
I want Ben to play great tonight, that's my focus,Del Negro said. "The game is way bigger than an argument. Who cares about that stuff? That's how I look at it and everybody who wants to argue, I'm a good arguer, so that's fine."...
- David Halberstam in Charlotte Observer
He might have been a .344 lifetime hitter, but in his own mind he was a 1.000 arguer,Halberstam wrote.
- Todd Walker in San Diego Union Tribune
He's a first-class arguer,Walker said. "He's off the charts. He pushed this process to the end. He was the only one who was telling me we had a good chance to win. I thought he was dead wrong and so did everybody else."