argosy : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n one or more large merchant ships
- Through the plain, brick-pointed door opposite famed Fortnum Mason, movers wrestled a seemingly inexhaustible argosy of odd treasures.
- They questioned him, congratulated him, sent him off for further copy about his alcoholic argosy.
- Captain Blood is another pirate argosy.
News & Articles
- Sioux City casino stops payments to nonprofit gaming partner
As part of an ongoing contract dispute with its estranged nonprofit gaming partner, the Argosy Sioux City stopped making monthly revenue-sharing payments Monday to Missouri River Historical Development.
June 12, 2013 - Sioux City Journal
- Argosy seeks court-appointed receiver for MRHD revenues
DES MOINES | The owner of the Argosy Sioux City riverboat casino has asked an Iowa court to appoint a third-party "receiver" to receive, hold or distribute the share of casino revenues now goes to its estranged nonprofit partner, Missouri River Historical Development.
June 11, 2013 - Sioux City Journal
- The owner of the Argosy wants an outside group to hold the money
Another legal maneuver in the battle between the owner of Sioux City's Argosy Casino and its non-profit Missouri River Historical Development.
June 11, 2013 - KTIV Sioux City