- n a wooded plateau in the Champagne-Ardenne region of France; the site of intense fighting in World War I and World War II
News & Articles
- Legion of Honor recipient 6/21
Charles Lawson is pictured with the Légion d’honneur, or Legion of Honor, which he received recently at the state Capitol in Little Rock. To receive the honor, an American veterans must have fought in one of four main campaigns of the liberation France in World War II – Normandy, Provence, the Ardennes or Northern France.
June 21, 2013 - Forrest City Times-Herald
- Lance Armstrong in The Associated Press
These hills around here and the Ardennes are legendary, it's part of cycling,Armstrong said. "Liege-Bastogne-Liege (one-day classic race) has been around for a hundred years and they do that on the snow. That's bad luck. For whatever...
- Alexandre Vinokourov in VeloNation
I dream of a stage win,Vinokourov said, "and I know the course in the Ardennes well; I have celebrated success there."
- Simon Gerrans in Sydney Morning Herald
Probably my No.1 goal for the year (is) the Ardennes Classics,said Gerrans, who will race this year as a key rider in the new English-based Team Sky ProTour squad. "I will have a fairly well-protected position in the team, I really want to...