- n a bishop of highest rank
- In the garden of the archbishop's residence in New Orleans, a group of Roman Catholic women chatted and fingered their rosaries, waiting for the Most Reverend Joseph Francis Rummel .
- The King passed over the two other distinguished clergymen to make Stepinac, 36, the youngest archbishop in the church.
News & Articles
- Archbishop asks Portland church to skip gay pride parade
The archbishop of Portland is asking a local church not to march in the Portland's gay pride parade this weekend, even though it's been a tradition for more than a decade.
June 15, 2013 - FOX 12 Oregon
- Archbishop takes stand against gay pride parade
PORTLAND -- Oregon's new Catholic Archbishop is taking a stand against this weekend's gay pride parade. Alexander Sample is telling local parishes to leave their banners at home if they plan to take part. For the last 11 years St. Andrew Catholic Church members have marched with a banner stating their name and proclaiming that all are welcome. It’s the type of sign the Archbishop wants left ...
June 15, 2013 - KGW NewsChannel 8 Portland
- Archbishop Justin meets Pope Francis in Rome
[Lambeth Palace] In their first meeting, Archbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby and Pope Francis both spoke June 14 of the bonds of “friendship” and “love” between the Roman Catholic Church and the Anglican Communion. The two leaders agreed that the fruits of this dialogue and relationship have the potential to empower Christians around the world to demonstrate the love of Christ. The archbishop ...
June 14, 2013 - Worldwide Faith News
- Pope John Paul II in FOXNews
Pope John Paul II called the job "archbishop of the capital of the world."
- Raymond Burke in International Herald Tribune
But I have to answer to God for the responsibility I have as archbishop. A Catholic institution featuring a performer who promotes moral evil gives the impression that the church is somehow inconsistent in its teaching,Burke said.
- David Beckham in The Press Association
The footballer said: "I have been fortunate to meet Nelson Mandela and I'm honoured to meet the Archbishop, a person who I admire for what he has achieved for South Africa. We both share a common love for football and we believe that sport can have...