arbutus : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n any of several evergreen shrubs of the genus Arbutus of temperate Europe and America
- The arbutus and the goldenrod The heart of the North may cheer And sunflower, cactus and poppy To sierra and plain be dear, And jasmine and magnolia The crest of the South .
- By 1942, when Johnson retired, the first of Colby's new Georgian buildings blossomed amid the trailing arbutus on Mayflower Hill.
- These things had driven them, sick at heart, from beloved mountain valleys thick with arbutus and carefully laid out for the husbanding of vineyards and olive groves within sight .
News & Articles
- Police Report for June 21
Here are some of the property crimes reported recently to the Chico Police Department: Residential burglaries June 13 — 1600 block of Arbutus Avenue.
June 21, 2013 - Chico Enterprise-Record
- Tractor trailer crash on I-95 South gradually clearing
Collision involved one car and two tractor trailers, one trailer overturned An accident involving two tractor trailers and a car that shut down all lanes on Interstate 95 South near Arbutus for four hours on Thursday morning is gradually being cleared, as one of four southbound lanes and one of two southbound shoulders have opened, according to the state Department of Transportation.
June 20, 2013 - Baltimore Sun
- Robert L Ehrlich Jr in WBAL
A lot of factors came together and we thought it was the right time and, particularly fortuitously having Senator McCain come here to Arbutus tonight, it just made a lot of sense,Ehrlich said after the fundraiser.