- n any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses
- They practice it still by making arak, a grape-based anise-flavored drink.
- They bought off suspicious Lebanese rebels with cigarettes and bottles of a local brew named arak, steered by the North Star when the road disappeared in the desert.
- One night last week a volunteer stepped into Freddie's bar (Freddie worked nine years in Detroit factories) to order a drink of arak, a fiery, licorice-flavored distillate of .
News & Articles
- Iran opens space monitoring center
Tehran (XNA) Jun 11, 2013 Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Sunday inaugurated a space monitoring center in the country's central city of Arak, official IRNA news agency reported. Ahmadinejad said the center will help make use of the space and manage the behavior of the satellites in orbit. Iran's Defense Minister Brigadier General Ahmad Vahidi told reporters that the project aims to ...
June 11, 2013 - Space War
- Report: Iran takes key step in nuclear build
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was on hand Sunday as officials at a nuclear plant took a critical step toward completing a reactor, the semiofficial Fars News Agency reported. Workers installed two containers on the reactor at the Arak heavy water facility in central Iran, Fars said. It quoted the head of Iran's nuclear agency as saying he thought the reactor will be able to help produce ...
June 9, 2013 - KSAT San Antonio
- Mohamed ElBaradei in Canada.com
Contrary to the decisions of the Security Council ...... Iran has not suspended its (uranium) enrichment-related activities, and is continuing with its construction of the heavy water reactor at Arak,Mohamed ElBaradei, head of the...
- Gregory Schulte in Reuters India
Given ...... the widespread mistrust of Iran's nuclear programme, and the risk of plutonium being diverted for use in a weapon, the United States and other board members cannot agree to have the IAEA assist the project at Arak,Gregory...