- n equipment consisting of miscellaneous articles needed for a particular operation or sport etc.
- n a supplementary component that improves capability
- Almost the only appurtenance consonant with his celebrity is an address book Don Juan would envy.
- Tanks, cannon, airplanes, Red Cross ambulances and every appurtenance of real war, right down to hot weather, secrecy and red tape, accompanied the show.
- But the works of genius, the children of the opulently thatched brain of creative art, have never been questioned as the appurtenance of polite splendor.