- n an expression of regret at having caused trouble for someone
he wrote a letter of apology to the hostess
- n a formal written defense of something you believe in strongly
- n a poor example
it was an apology for a meal
- This unreserved apology will pave the way for genuine reconciliation between the nation's first peoples and nonindigenous Australians.
- The Australian apology has given hope to other indigenous peoples.
- She said, in what might be a first for any entertainment mogul, "I feel I owe you an apology.
News & Articles
- Ravi K. Perry: Alan Chambers' Apology
An apology takes courage. And for those of us who do identify as Christian and also happen to not be heterosexual, the Exodus International apology is very moving and marks an important step on the road toward equality, equity, and universal freedom.
June 21, 2013 - The Huffington Post
- Ex-Homosexual Ministry Closes Following Apology for Judging ‘Who’s Worthy of His Kingdom’
Exodus International, a prominent Christian ministry that has served to counsel homosexuals for nearly four decades, is closing its doors following the issuance of a public apology from its president. “Exodus International [has been] the prodigal’s older brother, trying to impose its will on God’s promises, and make judgments on who’s worthy of His Kingdom,” [...]
June 21, 2013 - Christian News Network
- Exodus issues apology for 'ex-gay conversion' therapy
KRISTEN BUTLER, UPI.com Exodus International shut down, issued apology to the LGBT community for "ex-gay conversion" therapy.
June 20, 2013 - UPI
- Joe Barton in Austin American-Statesman (blog)
Barton later said, aacording to Politico, "I apologize for using the term 'shakedown' with regard to yesterday's actions at the White House in my opening statement this morning, and I retract my apology to BP. As I told my colleagues yesterday and...
- Mark Thompson in guardian.co.uk
Well, I owe a lot of people an apology. I hurt a lot of people. Not just my wife. My friends, my colleagues, the public, kids who looked up to me. There were a lot of people that thought I was a different person and my actions were not according to... Tiger Wood http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_Woods&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNF1gpq8cPKp8od3yXEOFtJAj8bPXg The Epoch Times http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/content/view/31825/&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFczeb0rKRR7xPXIAY7VJcTHenV2Q Mar 22, 2010
4572 6857 apology In a statement, Thompson said: I would like to add my own personal and unreserved apology to Andrew Sachs, his family and to licence fee payers for the completely unacceptable broadcast on BBC Radio 2. BBC audiences accept that, in comedy,...