- n a device that controls amount of light admitted
- n a natural opening in something
- n an man-made opening; usually small
- For instance, as the number next to the letter "F" goes up, the image of the camera's aperture gets tighter.
- As you shoot using scene modes, the camera displays on-the-fly aperture and shutter-speed settings.
- This frame was made using a tripod and a shutter speed of 130 of a second to capture the blurred motion of the biker, and a small aperture (9.
News & Articles
- C-Mount Achromatic Lens Pairs feature integrated iris.
TECHSPEC® C-Mount Achromatic Pairs use integrated iris, which lets user adjust numerical aperture and depth of focus for control of light throughput. Designed for integration into OEM imaging applications, relay lenses come in 8 models, in 1:1, 1:2, and 1:3.33 magnifications, from 30 mm and 30 mm focal lengths to 100 mm and 100 mm focal lengths. Products, suited for relay or projection ...
June 19, 2013 - ThomasNet
- Intense Lighting Debuts Several New Products at AIA Show in Response to Ongoing Customer Demand
Intense Lighting, a leading manufacturer of award-winning LED specification grade lighting solutions will debut several new energy efficient products at the AIA national convention in Denver, Co. this week. This is in addition to the nationwide launch of Impression, a small aperture downlight that features state-of-the-art LED technology. (PRWeb June 19, 2013) Read the full story at http://www ...
June 19, 2013 - PRWeb
- Huawei Shows Off the 6.18mm-Thick Ascend P6
Huawei today announced the Ascend P6, an Android smartphone that measures just 6.18mm thick. The P6 features a metallic body that houses a 4.7-inch HD in-cell display that can be used with when wearing gloves. The P6 includes a 1.5GHz quad-core processor and an 8-megapixel main camera with backside illumination and an aperture of f/2. The P6 also has a 5-megapixel front-facing camera for higher ...
June 18, 2013 - Phone Scoop
- Philip Schiller in MarketWatch
Millions of people love using iPhoto to organize, edit and share their digital photos,said Philip Schiller, Apple's senior vice president of Worldwide Product Marketing. "Aperture 3 is designed for both professionals who edit and manage...
- Stephen Hadley in Chicago Sun-Times
The president made clear he wanted to open the aperture, really have a re-look and look at a variety of ideas,Hadley said.
- John Stanmeyer in Apple Hot News
The controls for working with black and white film in Aperture 1.1 are staggering-much more powerful than a wet darkroom,said John Stanmeyer, co-founding member of the VII Photo Agency and a contract photographer with Time Magazine. "There...