- n hypothetical organism formerly thought to be intermediate between apes and human beings
- n a person assumed to have been raised by apes
- Pithecanthropus erectus, the 500,000-year-old Java ape-man and first of humanoid type discovered, whose thighbone, skull-top, and grinding teeth are in the private possession of .
- If the ape-man became hairless so he could outrun his prey, why didn't the animals who outran the ape-man to escape him become hairless in the same process?.
- Soon you could have an ape-man throw a bone in the air and--blink--it's an orbiting spaceship.
News & Articles
- ‘Human fish' had a life filled with aquatic exploits
Dubbed "the human fish," Newt Perry is most often remembered for his performance as a swim double for Johnny Weissmuller, the yodeling ape-man in the "Tarzan" movies of the 1930s and '40s.
Aug. 14, 2013 - The Ocala Star-Banner