aortic : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a of or relating to the aorta
- He suffered what is known as an aortic dissection, an uncommon condition in which the major artery that carries blood from the heart to the rest of the body basically tears itself .
- Bypassing the aortic arch and the arteries leading to the arms and head, they stitched the tube from the far end of the pump into the descending aorta.
- TED BESSELL, 57, actor; of an aortic aneurysm; in Los Angeles.
News & Articles
- Atherosclerosis in Abdominal Aorta May Predict Adverse Cardiovascular Events
Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) of aortic atherosclerosis can predict the risk of heart attacks and other cardiovascular events in otherwise healthy individuals, researchers at UT Southwestern Medical Center have found.
June 18, 2013 - Newswise
- Atherosclerosis in abdominal aorta may predict adverse cardiovascular events, UTSW scientists report
( UT Southwestern Medical Center ) Magnetic resonance imaging of aortic atherosclerosis can predict the risk of heart attacks and other cardiovascular events in otherwise healthy individuals, researchers at UT Southwestern Medical Center have found.
June 18, 2013 - EurekAlert!
- New Data on Edwards PERIMOUNT Valves Demonstrate Long-Term Durability in Patients Aged 60 and Younger
MARSEILLE, FRANCE--(Marketwired - Jun 17, 2013) - Edwards Lifesciences Corporation ( NYSE : EW ), the global leader in the science of heart valves and hemodynamic monitoring, today announced unprecedented long-term durability results for bovine pericardial heart valves, based on a study of the Carpentier-Edwards PERIMOUNT aortic valve in a subset of patients aged 60 or younger at the time of ...
June 17, 2013 - Marketwire
- Amy Yasbeck in ktla 5
It inspires me even more to find, with these brilliant medical minds, a path to diagnose aortic diseases,Yasbeck said.
- Fred Hoiberg in KIROtv.com
They start getting worried about the aortic root when it gets to about 42 millimeters for a guy my size,Hoiberg said to the paper. "It was 47 in January. When they measured it after the season it was 56. That rapid progression, it was...
- Nicola Sturgeon in Galloway Today
Announcing the plan, Ms Sturgeon said: "Abdominal aortic aneurysms are a hidden killer which mainly affect older men, most of whom will be unaware that they have the condition. Sadly, the first sign of a problem for many men will be when the...