- n (psychiatry) a relatively permanent state of worry and nervousness occurring in a variety of mental disorders, usually accompanied by compulsive behavior or attacks of panic
- n a vague unpleasant emotion that is experienced in anticipation of some (usually ill-defined) misfortune
- This last group's anxiety isn't part of the normal range of variation, she stresses: "Internally, they are suffering.
- There are as many ways to relieve anxiety as there are things that make us anxious.
- To Rank, anxiety was the apprehension involved in these separations.
News & Articles
- Anxiety Gaming Wants To Offer Mental Help Via Game Console
An Ominous Cow Erred writes "In an odd approach to reaching out to otherwise shut-in sufferers of mental distress, an organization called Anxiety Gaming is betting that online intervention is the best way to reach people with emotional difficulties. Their argument is that the social nature of modern gaming makes it a valid means of reaching people who might not otherwise seek help through more ...
June 17, 2013 - Slashdot
- New Anxiety App Aims to Help
Anxiety disorders can be debilitating. For people who don’t seek professional help, a new iPhone app offers guidance. AnxietyCoach ($4.99) allows people to track their worries. Based on a user’s responses, the app suggests therapeutic exercises.
June 16, 2013 - Valley News
- How To Control Anxiety | “Anxiety Child Program” Teaches People How To Overcome Their Child’s Anxiety – Tony Nguyen
Anxiety Child Program created by Rich Presta is a new course that gives people advanced strategies on how to control anxiety, and the information and resources to help their children overcome their anxiety. A full Anxiety Child Program review on the site Vkool.com indicates if the course is worth buying. (PRWeb June 15, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/how-to-control ...
June 15, 2013 - PRWeb
- President Bush in International Herald Tribune
The holidays are fast approaching and this will be a time of anxiety for Americans worried about their mortgages and their homes,Bush said.
- Carlos Dunga in The Associated Press
The opener is always harder,Dunga said. "There is the anxiety, the players are more nervous than usual, trying to do too much. But we are satisfied."
- Don Sweeney in TSN
He does things at full speed, so that's going to create a lot of anxiety for all defencemen,assistant general manager Don Sweeney said.