- n a person or thing represented or foreshadowed by a type or symbol; especially a figure in the Old Testament having a counterpart in the New Testament
- n an opposite or contrasting type
- His antitype is the dithering Union general George McClellan, who seldom met a battle he couldn't find reason to avoid.
- The work of Jusepe de Ribera, whose masterpieces are displayed in a new exhibition at New York City's Metropolitan Museum of Art, is the very antitype of the great Matisse show 30 .
- Dick Barton is, in fact, so much the repressed antitype of his Victorian forerunners that British Freudians expect him any day to "break out spectacularly, in a manner which .