- n a liquid added to the water in a cooling system to lower its freezing point
- If organs are removed from an animal's body, they can be flushed out with antifreeze solutions to reduce the ice-crystal damage.
- When autumn temperatures fall toward the freezing point, wise motorists put antifreeze in their radiators.
- Researchers are inserting an antifreeze gene from the winter flounder to produce a cold-resistant love apple, one that American consumers seem indifferent .
News & Articles
- Dispose of household waste Saturday
The town is holding a household hazardous waste collection Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Bellingham Middle School parking lot. Accepted items will include pesticides, weed killers, paint thinner, lighter fluid, furniture polishes, rug cleaners, swimming pool chemicals, and antifreeze. Items that will not be accepted include ammunition, fireworks, car batteries, tires, fluorescent bulbs ...
June 16, 2013 - Boston Globe
- Tractor-trailer crash injures 1, draws hazmat for oil and antifreeze spill in Montgomery
52 quarts of oil and 10 gallons of antifreeze spilled on Route 206 in Montgomery
June 12, 2013 - The Star-Ledger
- Coffee Poisoning: Doctor Charged With Assault
A Houston doctor is accused of poisoning her lover’s coffee with a chemical found in antifreeze, but claims she’s totally innocent. Ana Maria Gonzalez-Angulo, an oncologist specializing in breast cancer, allegedly dosed Dr. George Blumenschein’s coffee with the chemical and …
June 11, 2013 - WebProNews
- John Brumby in NEWS.com.au
Over the next few years we should see the development and application of technologies for frost tolerance in crops based on the knowledge gained from the functional analysis of these antifreeze genes,Mr Brumby said.
- Bobby Hebert in New York Daily News
It was above and beyond anything I expected,said Hebert, who estimated the crowd of participants and spectators at 50,000. "I couldn't even walk. They had to put me on top of a float. It was 50 degrees but everybody had enough antifreeze...