anti-semitism : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the intense dislike for and prejudice against Jewish people
- His conclusions are harsh: "A very brutal anti-semitism was widespread in Poland," he told his audience.
- Given the opportunity to expound on German guilt and Christianity's role in anti-semitism, Benedict chooses instead pays simple homage to Holocaust victims.
- There are other writings by my father in which I find a lot of racism and anti-semitism.
News & Articles
- World’s oldest Jewish person dies in NYC at 113
NEW YORK — The world’s oldest Jewish person, Evelyn Kozak, whose family fled Russia to escape anti-Semitism in the 1880s, has died at age 113.
June 15, 2013 - Boston Globe
- Press Releases: Travel of Special Envoy to Monitor and Combat Anti-Semitism to Belgium and Germany
Travel of Special Envoy to Monitor and Combat Anti-Semitism to Belgium and Germany Media Note Office of the Spokesperson Washington, DC June 14, 2013 Special Envoy to Monitor and Combat Anti-Semitism Ira Forman traveled to Belgium and Germany from June 10-13, 2013. He delivered remarks at the Kazerne Dossin Memorial, Museum, and Documentation Center on Holocaust and Human Rights in Mechelen ...
June 14, 2013 - U.S. Department of State
- German Parliament Passes Anti-Semitism Measure
The German Bundestag today approved a resolution vowing to combat anti-Semitism and support Jewish life in Germany, and to deepen the country’s special relationship with Israel. Click here for the rest of the article...
June 13, 2013 - The Forward
- Barack Obama in American Thinker
He said, "Around the world, the Jewish people were persecuted for centuries, and anti-Semitism in Europe culminated in an unprecedented Holocaust."
- Ronny Naftaniel in The Associated Press
Decoy Jews are "not a solution to fighting anti-Semitism in general," said Ronny Naftaniel, the head of the Center for Information and Documentation Israel, a pro-Jewish group that has lobbied for the idea.
- John Hagee in USA Today
In my zeal to oppose anti-Semitism and bigotry in all its ugly forms, I have often emphasized the darkest chapters in the history of Catholics and Protestant relations with the Jews,Hagee wrote. "In the process, I may have contributed to...