- n a person who is opposed (to an action or policy or practice etc.)
the antis smelled victory after a long battle
- a not in favor of (an action or proposal etc.)
- They also imbibed the malignant anti-Jewish spirit of their age, when peasants believed that Jews mixed the blood of Gentile children into Passover matzos.
- Though anti-Semitism has a long and virulent history in Poland, Jews form a vital and powerful segment of the present Polish government.
- You cannot label me an anti-Semite as if it were a white light that should absolve all the sins of Zionists at once.
- Elena Kagan in The Associated Press
But in Europe, there is an anti-Americanism that is at once casual, but can also be insidious. Instead of recognizing the good that America so often does in the world, there have been times where Europeans chose to blame America for much of what's... Barack Obama http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHQ0yfPaaXFGqLKymRgcres0I2nuA Kansas City Star http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.kansascity.com/451/story/1122176.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFNHZO_3eVjOGkR0bhKVE4kTkwQaw Apr 3, 2009
4239 6302 anti We were trying to make sure that military recruiters had full and complete access to our students," Kagan told Republican Sen. Jeff Sessions, "and we were also trying to protect our anti-discriminatory policy. So we were trying to do both of...
- Boris Johnson in Korea Times
London Mayor Boris Johnson said in a radio interview, "I do think there's something slightly worrying about the anti-British rhetoric that seems to be permeating from America. I would like to see a bit of cool heads rather than endlessly...