- n (poker) the initial contribution that each player makes to the pot
- v place one's stake
- No duffers at picking up a good technique, Thalanders borrowed Germany's last month, began busily producing a penny-ante version of totalitarian aggressiveness.
- With its crusade against the Medellin cocaine cartel coming up short, the Colombian government decided to raise the ante.
- Now it appears that the government has raised the ante.
News & Articles
- Melissa Merli: Group seeking sculpture sponsors
The Public Art League has introduced a new "class" of 12 public sculptures it hopes to install in Champaign-Urbana. But first sponsors must come forward to ante up $2,000 to lease a piece for two years. So far, four of the sculptures in the new class have been spoken for. The Public Art League has introduced a new "class" of 12 public sculptures it hopes to install in Champaign-Urbana. But first ...
June 23, 2013 - IlliniHQ.com
- Today in business: 5 things you need to know
Carl Icahn joins Twitter, Sprint ups the ante for Clearwire, and more
June 21, 2013 - The Week via Yahoo! News
- Ante Up Changes Corporate Name to Ante Up Poker Media LLC to Better Reflect Its Variety of Products
The poker media company's products include Ante Up Magazine, AnteUpMagazine.Com, Ante Up Poker Cruises, Ante Up Poker Tour, Ante Up PokerCast, Ante Up Poker Leagues and much more. (PRWeb June 20, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/AnteUpPokerMedia/CorporateNameChange/prweb10822099.htm
June 20, 2013 - PRWeb
- Lucy Fleming in International Herald Tribune
I can remember Uncle Ian's books being delivered wrapped in brown paper and string by a postman on a bicycle,niece Lucy Fleming said as she stood on the destroyer's gunmetal-gray deck. "The Royal Navy has upped the ante a little."
- Condoleezza Rice in International Herald Tribune
We are working toward a cease-fire that would not allow a re-establishment of the status quo ante, where Hamas could launch rockets,Rice said. "It's obvious that a cease-fire should take place as soon as possible but we want a cease-fire...
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in EasyBourse.com
The US is "hopeful" that the move "is not a precursor of any actions that would up the ante, or threaten the stability and peace and security of the neighbors in the region," Clinton told reporters.