- n reports of the work of a society or learned body etc
- n a chronological account of events in successive years
- Here's one for the annals of counterintuitive findings: When asked to contemplate the occasion of their own demise, people become happier than usual, instead of sadder, according .
- The case became a landmark in the annals of sex research, living proof of the prevailing theory of the 1960s and early 1970s that sexual identity exists in a kind of continuum and .
- In the brief annals of street-art history, graffiti ranks as something like cave painting--a first gesture, recognized for its primal intuition that public space is up for grabs .
News & Articles
- Rite Aid and The Skin Cancer Foundation Join to Promote Simple Summer Steps for Healthy, Glowing Skin
In June, a study in the Annals of Internal Medicine1 was published indicating proper sun protection not only helps skin stay healthy, but also look years younger. Now, Rite Aid (NY
June 12, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- 'Purged' commentary
Not much to dystopian fantasy. by Sam Eifling In the annals of terrible American ideas — the War on Drugs, the sequester, chocolate bubble gum, "Who Wants to Marry a Multi-Millionaire?" — the worst may be the titular event of "The Purge." Nine years from now U.S. unemployment and crime are at absurd lows, with the wee little catch that for one night a year, all violent crime is totally legal and ...
June 12, 2013 - Arkansas Times
- Annals of Internal Medicine tip sheet for June 11, 2013, issue
This news release contains information about articles being published in the June 11 issue of Annals of Internal Medicine.
June 10, 2013 - EurekAlert!
- Igor Judge in BBC News
Sir Igor said: "On 21 July 2005, London came within a vanishingly short breath of wholesale murder by terrorists. The explanation why the date will not be twinned in the annals of its venerable history with the murderous outrage perpetrated on 7...
- Ronald Pofalla in Forbes
On the eve of the anniversary of the construction of the wall, it is a lesson to all of those who want to let the barbarity of the communist regime be consigned to the annals of history,Pofalla said in an interview with Berlin's BZ newspaper.
- Nigel Dodds in Belfast Telegraph
North Belfast DUP MP Nigel Dodds said what had happened was "totally inappropriate and offensive given the very recent history of what the Libyans have done in terms of the annals of terrorism in Northern Ireland".