- n a compound formed from one or more other compounds in a reaction resulting in removal of water
- A sample was analysed and found to contain a deadly poison, arsenic acid anhydride.
- Best known ones are those made from phenol and formaldehyde (Bakelite, Durez), urea and formaldehyde (Unyte, Plaskon, Beetle), glycerol and phthalic anhydride (Glyptal, Rezyl .
- Made by treating cellulose (purified cotton linters) with acetic acid and acetic anhydride, cellulose acetate was costly because the method of extracting the two acids from the .
- George Maxwell Richards in Trinidad & Tobago Express
Richards said: "Investment decisions have been made or are soon likely to be made on a number of new projects, including at least one aluminium smelter, a new iron and steel complex, an ethane-based ethylene/polyethylene complex, a maleic anhydride...