- n an admirer of England and things English
- Obama, who is from Hawaii, is as much an anglophile as President Bush.
- An avid anglophile, he was decorated by the British government for his role in Anglo-American commando operations during World War II and awarded an honorary knighthood in 1949.
News & Articles
- First Look: Downton Abbey's New Cosmetics Line is Here!
(Photos courtesy, via Fashionista ) Downton Abbey fans, the time has arrived! Er, no, not Season 4. (Sorry...) But here's something that'll equally excite the Anglophile in you: a first look at the period drama's beauty line is finally here! Set to launch exclusively at Marks and Spencer this October—coinciding with the show's fall premiere, natch—the 10-piece collection is just as delightfully ...
July 10, 2013 - StyleBistro
- St Timothy in The Star-Ledger - NJ.com
Everybody that comes here is an Anglophile to some degree,Ship Inn owner Timothy Hall said. "But yeah, we've got a few hardcore fans here but they've got accents. It's clear where their allegiance lies."
- Rageh Omaar in Independent
Omaar remembers the country as "by far the most anglophile nation in the Arab world" and he thinks the events of the last three years have damaged Britain's reputation in that region immeasurably. "There was a sense in which Britain was seen...