angiogenesis : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the formation of new blood vessels
- Not only did Folkman's work on angiogenesis benefit cancer patients, but the same principles are now leading to novel treatments for reviving dying heart tissue, restoring .
- Sometimes angiogenesis is a good thing, especially during pregnancy.
- Meanwhile, some of the latest angiogenesis studies have already incorporated lessons learned in the early trials.
- Dr John in Guardian Unlimited
Dr. Judah Folkman is recognized by all as the father of angiogenesis research,Dr. John Niederhuber, director of the National Cancer Institute, said in a statement. "He never wavered in his passionate belief that the growth of new blood...
- Jane Hutt in Banbury Guardian
This is a landmark paper because it provides genetic proof that endogenous inhibitors of angiogenesis circulating in the blood may protect us from the disease of cancer and is the first demonstration that a mild increase in one of the circulating... Judah Folkman http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judah_Folkman&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGiJDZ6laKheCDkXDToErgwdviR5w Newswise (press release) http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.newswise.com/articles/view/509890/&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGu4AD7wBXwGdUzjFWCLVuQp_9bYQ Feb 15, 2005
3786 5622 angiogram In a statement, Ms Hutt said: The angiogram showed that two arteries were partially blocked and two stents were inserted. This is a standard surgical procedure. The First Minister was conscious throughout and is in good spirits. He has asked me to...