- n a strong emotion; a feeling that is oriented toward some real or supposed grievance
- n the state of being angry
- n belligerence aroused by a real or supposed wrong (personified as one of the deadly sins)
- v make angry
The news angered him
- v become angry
He angers easily
- Americans' anger will be on full display in the weeks ahead as Members of Congress leave Washington and travel the nation listening to the voices of their constituents.
- In his new book, Doing Anger Differently, Michael Currie explores what's at the core of boys' anger and lays out the dos and don'ts of the parental response.
- Celebration over independence in the Kosovar capital of Pristina is matched by anger and gloom in Belgrade.
News & Articles
- Anger over spying mounts - Tue, 11 Jun 2013 PST
WASHINGTON – The Obama administration faced fresh anger Monday at home and abroad over U.S. spy programs that track phone and Internet messages around the world in the hope of ...
June 11, 2013 - The Spokesman-Review
- Do Legos need anger management? Figurines grumpier than ever, study says
Do Lego Minifigures need an attitude adjustment?A team of academics who studied hundreds of the plastic people prized by children and collectors thinks a little anger management might be in order.In 1980, all the figurines that came in sets of interlocking bricks were "smileys" — with seemingly sunny personalities to match their bright yellow visages.But in the mid-1990s, only about 80 percent ...
June 11, 2013 - MSNBC
- Study: Anger And Heart Attacks Strongly Linked
A study from Harvard Medical School researchers shows that the risk of having a heart attack is significantly higher following an outburst of anger ? the more intense the outburst, the higher the risk.
June 9, 2013 - Forbes
- Barack Obama in St. Louis Post-Dispatch
That anger may not get expressed in public, in front of white co-workers or white friends,Obama said.
- caliph Omar in Seattle Times
America is killing Muslims in Afghanistan and in our tribal areas, and militants are attacking Pakistan to express anger against the government for supporting America,said Zahid Umar, 25, who frequently visits the shrine.