anemone : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n any woodland plant of the genus Anemone grown for its beautiful flowers and whorls of dissected leaves
- n marine polyps that resemble flowers but have oral rings of tentacles; differ from corals in forming no hard skeleton
- They probably mean the Palestine anemone (Anemone coronaria), which still brightens the field with scarlet and gold.
- Then it was Biden's turn: Delegates pulled out their bright-red Biden banners for the first time, turning the floor into a vast sea anemone.
- I'll be admittin' there be times o' late when Shep be seemin' t' show signs o' havin' more'n th' brain o' a dead anemone, bu' 'is level o' self-awareness regardin' th' source o .
News & Articles
- Study: Sting’s venom hid fat-fighting secret
A drug derived from sea anemone venom can make fat mice thin - with potentially powerful implications for treating obesity and diabetes in humans.
June 20, 2013 - Orange County Register