- v consider in detail and subject to an analysis in order to discover essential features or meaning
- v make a mathematical, chemical, or grammatical analysis of; break down into components or essential features
- v break down into components or essential features
- v subject to psychoanalytic treatment
I was analyzed in Vienna by a famous psychiatrist
- a examined carefully and methodically; broken down for consideration of constituent parts
the analyzed data indicated surprising trends
a carefully analyzed poem can be like a dead butterfly pinned to a board
- Your family has been analyzed and re-analyzed by the outside world.
- The data I analyzed was from a federal study commissioned by Congress in the early 1990s.
- Higgs jokes that he now tells his doctors to do whatever's necessary to keep him alive until the data from the accelerator can be analyzed.
News & Articles
- Whole Human Brain Mapped in 3D
An international group of neuroscientists has sliced, imaged and analyzed the brain of a 65-year-old woman to create the most detailed map yet of a human brain in its entirety (see video at bottom). The atlas, called ‘BigBrain’, shows the organization of neurons with microscopic precision, which could help to clarify or even redefine the structure of brain regions obtained from decades-old ...
June 21, 2013 - Scientific American
- Analysis: Creeping mistrust stops euro zone banks lending to peers across bloc
By John O'Donnell and Sakari Suoninen BRUSSELS/FRANKFURT (Reuters) - Euro zone banks are refusing to lend to peers in other countries in the common currency bloc, signaling a worrying fall in confidence that appears to have worsened since the Cyprus bailout earlier this year, data analyzed by Reuters showed. In a trend that could reignite fears about the euro and its banks, European Central Bank ...
June 21, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Another Market-Beating Niche ETF
We recently analyzed the PowerShares Buyback Achievers ETF (NYSEArca: PKW) and the Guggenheim Spin-Off ETF (NYSEArca: CSD) as part of an ongoing effort to unearth broad market ETFs that offer unique portfolios. ...
June 20, 2013 - ETF Trends via Yahoo! Finance
- Barack Obama in AFP
Related article: Obama raged at intel 'screw up' "It is increasingly clear that intelligence was not fully analyzed or fully leveraged," Obama said, saying that missed "red flags" before the attack were more serious than originally thought....
- Chris Dodd in Los Angeles Times
The longer I am here, the more I am persuaded that progress in Iraq cannot be analyzed solely in terms of these discreet, precisely defined benchmarks because, in many cases, these benchmarks do not serve as reliable measures of everything that is... Ryan Crocker http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Crocker&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNE76wqtf-GsQghk4EcAyhT8wl02mQ ABC News http://www.google.com/url?q=http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory%3Fid%3D3392788&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFPE_QLMo0A3EixMJlUG27QVMnxZQ Jul 19, 2007
3606 5243 analyzed Rebutting claims by rival Clinton that Obama is untested, Dodd said the Illinois senator has been poked and prodded, analyzed and criticized, called too green, too trusting and for all of that has already won" a majority of states and votes.