anadromous : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a migrating from the sea to fresh water to spawn
- Nations bordering on the sea would control fish species classified as coastal (cod, haddock) and anadromous (salmon and other varieties that breed in fresh water and spend most .
- Mike Crapo in IdahoStatesman.com
I support the recovery of the Pacific Northwest's wild anadromous fish to sustainable and fishable levels,Crapo said.
- Karl Marx in Sweet Home New Era
We are cautiously optimistic we can successfully reintroduce anadromous species into the upper basin,said District Fish Biologist Steve Marx. "It will require management oversight and a number of generations for fish to adapt their life...
- Gale Norton in Environment News Service
Specifically, this will include coordinating work to recover threatened and endangered fish, enhance anadromous fish runs, improve wildlife habitat and water quality, and provide water for irrigation and other beneficial uses,Norton said....