amine : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a compound derived from ammonia by replacing hydrogen atoms by univalent hydrocarbon radicals
- From this discovery, Funk correctly theorized that chemical substances which he named vitamines (from the Latin vita for life and amine for chemical compounds containing .
- The International Labor Bureau of the League of Nations issued invitations for an experts' meeting to ex amine the question of employment of mutilated soldiers.
- If air is bubbled through a test tube, histamine and vitamin C react with each other, releasing ammonia (the amine part of histamine) and eliminating the irritating chemical.
News & Articles
- Protests after Tunisian opposition leader killed
A Tunisian supporter of the Popular Front party reacts after Mohammed Brahmi was shot to death. / Amine Landoulsi, AP TUNIS, Tunisia (AP) - Angry anti-government demonstrations broke out Thursday across Tunisia after gunmen killed the leader of a leftist opposition party, raising fears of new chaos on the difficult road to democracy in the cradle of the Arab Spring.
July 26, 2013 - Reno Gazette-Journal
- Sports supplement designer has history of risky products
The pre-workout supplement Craze, sold by Driven Sports, was named 2012 New Supplement of the Year by bodybuilding.com. Driven Sports has posted statements on its website saying that Craze does not contain amphetamines.
July 26, 2013 - The Bay Bulletin