america : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean; achieved independence in 1776
- n North America and South America and Central America
News & Articles
- America’s Worst Charities Distribute Less Than 4 Percent
America’s worst charities donate less than four percent received according to an investigative report. The Center for Investigative Reporting, CNN, and Tampa Bay Times all contributed to the investigation and resulting report. A list of 50 of the very worst charities has revealed some startling information. The 50 listed charities received nearly $1 billion in [...] America’s Worst Charities ...
June 13, 2013 - The Inquisitr
- Why America's Shale Oil Boom Could End Sooner Than You Think
America's oil producers are nervous. They've had a great run the past few years. Domestic oil production is up 43% since 2008 to 6.5 million barrels per day, the highest level in decades. The majority of that 2 million bpd jump comes out of the two most successful new oil fields, the Bakken and the Eagle Ford. To develop these and all the other fields nationwide, the top 50 operators invested ...
June 13, 2013 - Forbes
- Holland America Line Launches New 'Flight Ease' Program Offering More Choices For Air Travel
Holland America Line Launches New 'Flight Ease' Program Offering More Choices For Air Travel
June 13, 2013 - CNW Group via Yahoo! Finance
- Barack Obama in Boston Globe
The weight of this crisis will not determine the destiny of this nation,Obama said in his first speech to a joint session of Congress. "Those qualities that have made America the greatest force of progress and prosperity in human history...
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in USA Today
Later, at her victory celebration, Hillary Clinton told her cheering backers: "Over the last week I listened to you; in the process, I found my own voice. ...... Now, together, let's give America the kind of comeback that New Hampshire has given...
- Phil Gramm in Indianapolis Star
You just hear this constant whining,Gramm told the Washington Times, "complaining about a loss of competitiveness, America in decline."