- n a mixture of nectar and pollen prepared by worker bees and fed to larvae
- n any of numerous chiefly North American weedy plants constituting the genus Ambrosia that produce highly allergenic pollen responsible for much hay fever and asthma
- n fruit dessert made of oranges and bananas with shredded coconut
- n (classical mythology) the food and drink of the gods; mortals who ate it became immortal
- And ambrosia it was -- Kellogg's Wheat-Nut Ambrosia, a new product described as low in fat, high in bran.
- Zeus and Hera, who are just folks, watch it so much that they must surely have to keep a six-pack of nectar and a frozen ambrosia dinner close at hand.
- Coca-Cola May 15, 1950 See Larger Cover Cover Story Excerpt: People almost everywhere are buying it as if it were the biggest glass of ambrosia in the world for a nickel.
News & Articles
- Youth Sports 6/27/2013
CENTRAL CITY LITTLE LEAGUE ALL STARS Michael Ambrosia, Nick Ambrosia, Sean Bagasevich, Nick Forsette, Antowain Kizer, Damir Manheim, Kush Patel, Dhruv Patel, Matt Reyes, Kyle Stevens, Malakhi Williams. Manager: Mike Forsette. Coaches: Mike Ambrosia, Joe
June 27, 2013 - The Scranton Times-Tribune
- Don King in International Herald Tribune
The food is ambrosia for the gods and the goddesses. I love France,King said. "Chez L'ami Louis, one of the greatest restaurants in the world. The wine, the foie gras. Fantastique."
- Gilad Shalit in Jerusalem Post
I got the best of T. Pain, the best of Timberland, the best of Kanye West, the best of Little Wayne, Tricky and Dream, Marcia Ambrosia from Floral Tree, Tank, Salaam Remi, Rico Love, like superstar gangsta incredible artists that came together and... Jamie Foxx http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamie_Foxx&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEPjeKDKjMLeie7uhC_p4nR1dMP-Q NY1 http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.ny1.com/Content/ny1_living/91222/jamie-foxx-drops-new-album-in-chelsea/Default.aspx&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHkUy5mj_Z1OrxeRt9smbEmEPJ6bg Dec 24, 2008
3241 4524 ambrosia While I accept the facts that there is a new species of Ambrosia, I say there are plenty of new ones, and the arrival of A. confertifolia will cause only a minor rise of allergy in sensitive people," Shalit said. "It is wishful thinking to...